By LittleDoodles - 10:01 AM

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of spending a Saturday at a Christmas open day at Pullen's Yards, a fantastic series of yards near Southwark. The yards are made up of lots of tiny studios and workshops of creatives from various disciplines. Getting a studio is something I've been mulling over for a while and this has completely encouraged me...I can't quite explain the feeling of inspiration I got wandering around there. It seemed like such a great atmosphere to work in, with all of the designers and makers knowing each other, sharing stories and doling out mulled wine and mince pies! Plus the yards themselves have such a wonderful background to them and look just beautiful.

Amongst some of the artists I saw, these were my favourites...



Hidemi Asano's pebble like jewellery was calling out to be touched


Alex Monroe's nature themed jewellery (to which I treated myself to)

Breathtaking ceramic work by Daniel Reynolds which was unbelievably beautiful, innovative and irresistable from purchasing :) This is the fennel vase we bought, which is so delicate and different from anything else I've seen before. It was a lovely experience actually being able to talk face to face with him about his work, especially when I mentioned design blogs and he spoke about how he had been featured on some of my favourites like Design*Sponge and Bloesem!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments